- For an advertiser focused on branding, what are the key success metrics?
Answer: Reach & Frequency
- When thinking about optimisation of a Google Display Network campaing, a clear call-to-action in the ad text is important to:
Answer: Help set expectations for users who are in various stages of the purchase process
- The Quality Score of an Ad on the Google Display Network affects:
Answer: The eligibility of an ad to enter the ad auction
- Which best practice would you recommend when optimising ad groups within placement-targeted display campaigns?
Answer: Group the placements with similar themes into the same ad group
- True or False: When an advertiser edits their ad extensions within an Enhanced Campaign, then stored performance stats are lost:
- Which bidding option is the best for advertisers focused on achieving their branding goals?
Answer: Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM)
- What is the best campaign-type if an advertiser wants to target only a specific set of websites across the web?
Answer: Placement targeting
- Which is benefit of using banner or display advertising with Google to build awareness of a brand?
Answer: Expansive, or large, network of websites
- A direct response advertiser is mainly seeking to generat conversions and/or sales from a banner campaign. To get the best Return on Investment (ROI), the advertiser should use:
Answer: Conversion Optimiser
- Ads are more likely to be contextually relevant with the sites they’re on when you utilise:
Answer: Topic targeting
- An Adwords advertiser who is promoting a French film wants to advertise on YouTube. The film is in French without subtitles. The advertiser is already promoting the film in France trough traditional ad campaign but wants to ensure online ads reach the most relevant YouTube audience. Which targeting option should this advertiser select?
Answer: Set language targeting options at the campaign level for the campaign containing the ads for the film
- An advertiser creates a display ad with Google's display ad builder. However, the ad doesn't display well in all of the ad sizes the advertiser wishes to use. What should the advertiser do to ensure that the ad can be shown in all ad sizes without limiting exposure?
Answer: Create new banner ads that work well in the ad sizes that were not working properly before.
- How long should you as an advertiser wait before analysing the performance of a new banner/display campaign?
Answer: 2-3 weeks is recommended
- Ads on YouTube are bought and sold on auction basis as well as reservations basis at:
Answer: Fixed rates that vary by country and placement
- True or False: Advertisers may target mobile apps via AdWords.
- Frequency capping limits the number of times:
Answer: That your ad appears to the same person on the Display Network
- If an advertiser chooses to run ads in image or video formats, Google will:
Answer: Display the ads on the Google Display Network (GDN)
- In order to run display ads through AdWords, a campaign must be opted into:
Answer: The Google Display Network (GDN)
- Where do the majority of AdWords ads appear on YouTube.com?
Answer: Video watch pages
- Which video formats is chargeable using Cost-per-View (CPV) pricing?
Answer: TrueView video ads on YouTube
- An advertiser is running video ads on a placement-targeted campaign. Recently, the play rates for their video ads have decreased. To understand if the lower play rate is due to the same users seeing the ads many times and not re-watching, the advertiser should:
Answer: Run a Reach & Frequency report
- True or False: A best practice for selecting keywords with a TrueView in-display campaign is to consider using other YouTube users' tags for keywords.
- Display inventory on Google Display Network can come from Adsense or:
Answer: Doubleclick Ad Exchange
- Which Google tool helps you build keyword lists that can be used to show your ads on relevant contextual webpages across the Google Display Network?
Answer: Display planner
- TrueView in-slate ads show:
Answer: Prior to YouTube partner videos that are longer than 10 minutes in length
- An advertiser is running a placement-targeted campaign on You Tube and consistently reaches the daily budget for the campaign. The advertiser is also receiving conversions at their desired cost per conversion. Based on this information, the advertiser should:
Answer: Increase the campaign budget
- Which of the following is of prime importance in measuring a direct response advertiser’s performance on Google Display Network?
- True or False: Auction bidding is not a concern for advertisers that are purchasing advertising via reservations, as these placements are based on a fixed a price.
- An advertiser using cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) bidding wants to maximise his coverage on a specific selections of sites he picked for a new campaign. Which is a best practice he should employ when setting up the campaign?
Answer: Set bids at the groupor campaign level
- With the TrueView in-search, an advertiser pays:
Answer: When a viewer chooses to watch the advertising video
- Which tool is best for advertisers who don't want to have to find and bid on their own placements?
Answer: Display Campaign Optimiser
- Which factor would contribute to a higher Quality Score for your display ad?
Answer: Fast landing page loading time
- Jackie wants to target by using both Remarketing and Shopping Listing units. What would be the best targeting strategy for Jackie to utilise?
Answer: Create two campaigns: one that is targeted to “Display – Remarketing” and the other targeted to “Shopping Listings”
- An advertiser who uses AdWords Conversion Tracking wants to optimize a campaign containing display ads. In order to identify which websites are driving sales, the advertiser should review:
Answer: The Conversions column of he Placement Performance Report
- An advertiser who purchases a YouTube homepage masthead ad pays:
Answer: Via a fixed Cost-per-Day (CPD)
- The Display Ad Builder helps advertisers:
Answer: Utilise templates that create banner/display ads at scale
- What's the best definition of Google display advertising?
Answer: Non-text ads that utilise images, video, flash, or other technonogies, appearing next to publisher content
- What's a benefit of using the Display Ad Builder to create image ads?
Answer: Ability to chose from pre-existing designs
- An travel agency advertiser designed an image ad with drop-down menus for flight origins and destination. But, rather than programming the drop-down menu to show the individual airports names, the advertiser faked it as an image, so a click anywhere on the ad takes the user to his website. This ad will:
Answer: Be disapproved because it mimics a function that does not truly exist on the ad
- What's the best practice for building ads using Google's display ad builder?
Answer: Add a visible URL
- Advertisers using the Google display network can use the Placement Performance Report to determine:
Answer: Which site URLs that users have seen their ad
- Based on the number of search engine queries YouTube gets, YouTube is the:
Answer: second largest search engine on the web
- When competing for the same unit of ad space, if the Ad Rank of a cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) placement-targeted ad is greater than the combined Ad Rank of all competing keyword-targeted ads, then then:
Answer: The Placement-targeted ad will be the only ad to appear in that space
- Frequency capping gives advertisers the ability to limit the number of:
Answer: Ad impressions for unique users.
- A unique benefit of creating unique campaigns targeted only to the Google Display Network include:
Answer: Ability to Allocate your budget and control your spend more effectively across your various campaigns
- When planning a campaign, the first thing that an advertiser should do is to establish:
Answer: The goals of the advertiser
- Which bidding option is optimal for advertisers with direct response, or ROI-driven, marketing goals?
Answer: Cost-per-Click (CPC)
- Gina is reviewing her display campaign and notices that there are traffic spikes to her site on weekdays from 10am to 1pm. With this data, which would help optimise her campaign?
Answer: Ad Scheduling
- An advertiser notices that a banner/display campaign is receiving a large number of conversions at certain days of the week and times. Which Google feature would help the advertiser maximise the number of conversions received at the current budget level?
Answer: Ad Scheduling
- True or False: Video search behaviour varies from traditional searching behaviour
- Which Google tool automatically optimises both targeting and bidding to help find additional conversion for Google Display Network campaigns?
Answer: Display Campaign Optimiser
- When you apply CPA bidding to your campaign, you bid with a maximum CPA and Google charges you per:
- Anna wants to increase the reach and visibility of her brand's ads. Which bidding strategy is best for Ana?
Answer: Cost-per-impression (CPM)
- Why should you consider separating Search Network campaigns from Display Network campaigns?
Answer: Different campaign settings might be more effective on different networks
- If a banner or display ad appears “above the fold” this means that the ad:
Answer: Can be viewed in the upper portion of the page without the need for scrolling
- True or False: An advertiser can target YouTube homepage on mobile devices via AdWords:
- An advertiser who has had success on the Google Display Network with text ads now wishes to begin using banner/display ads for a seasonal advertising campaign. The advertiser has a small creative team to create these ad units. Why should this advertiser consider using Google’s Display Ad Builder instead of other tools?
Answer: Display ad builder allows the advertiser to create and change messaging very easily
- Which report should you run to see which Google Display Network (GDN) website properties displayed your ads and to view associated statistics?
Answer: Placement performance
- AdWords system calculates the effective Cost-per-thousand impressions (eCPM) for ads entering into an auction for the Google Display Network (GDN) when there are:
Answer: Both CPC and CPA ads entering into the action
- To use Google's Conversion Optimizer, an advertiser must:
Answer: Use Cost-per-Click (CPC) bidding
- Which feature applies to Google's Display Network, but not the Search Network?
Answer: Frequency capping
- View-through conversions are only available to:
Answer: Advertisers that implement Conversion Tracking
- Which allows you to reach users that have previously visited your website, and show the user relevant ads when the user visits other sites on the Google Display Network(GDN)?
Answer: Remarketing (or retargeting)
- For advertisers bidding on the basis of a maximum CPC, Quality Score on the Google Display Network is evaluated on:
Answer: Click-thru-Rate (CTR) of the ad and the relevance of the ad or keywords to the publisher's web page
- If you want to target specific categories of video content on the Google Display Network (GDN), you should:
Answer: Use the AdWords for Video tool
- When advertisers use cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) ad bidding and click on their own banner ads, Quality Score:
Answer: Isn't affected since Click-thru-Rate (CTR) is not a Quality Score factor with CPM bidding
- Which is a video ad that can be implemented using Ad Words for video:
Answer: TrueView video ads
- A user browsing the Web sees Google Adwords display ads for laptop computers on a Google Display Network (GDN) website, but doesn't click on the ad. Two weeks later, the user is has interest in buying a laptop computer and decides to visit the site from the ad. The user finds the site by performing a Google search, goes directly to the site, and purchases a computer. Implementing view-through conversions would be valuable for the advertiser because it allows them to:
Answer: Measure the conversions associated with the ad impressions
- John is concerned about traffic fluctuations he's seeing in campaign he created through AdWords for Video. Which is the reason why traffic fluctuations may have occurred for his video campaign?
Answer: User behavior changed on the videos or channel that he targeted
- Advertisers may want to choose to advertise on YouTube if their goal is to:
Answer: Target specific demographic groups using sound & motion
- If a banner or display ad has been disapproved, how can you submit a request for another review?
Answer: Edit the ad and save it, or upload a new ad
- When might it be beneficial to include a text ad in the same ad group as an image ad on the Google Display Network?
Answer: When you are looking for maximum coverage, as not all publishers accept all ad formats
- Which of these is a good method for evaluating ad performance which is only available for display ads created with the display ad builder?
Answer: Mouse-over rate
- With Click-to-Play videos, it is best practice to:
Answer: Use a call-to-action in the opening image or segment
- Which ad format is easiest to create, edit, and has the widest reach on the Google Display Network (GDN)?
Answer: Text ads
- Which product allows advertisers to see which sites referred visitors with the most time spent on your website?
Answer: Google Analytics
- Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) bidding is only available for:
Answer: Campaigns targeting the Google Display Network
- Christina wants to drive traffic to her website, has return on investment (ROI) goals, and is already using AdWords Conversion tracking. Which bidding strategy would be best for her?
Answer: Cost-per-Click (CPC)
- Which report is helpful when you elect to use Site and Category Exclusions?
Answer: The Placement Report
- On Schedule Indicator (OSI) is:
Answer: The percentage likelihood that your campaign will deliver all impressions that you have booked
- An advertiser wants a display ad to be eligible to appear on You Tube. The advertiser has already a campaign set to show only on managed placements within AdWords. What process does this advertiser need to follow for the ad to be eligible to appear on You Tube?
Answer: Select youtube.com placements or specific sections within youtube.com where ads will appear
- In regards to advertising metrics, Auction-based reports can be reviewed by logging into AdWords and Reservation-based reports can be reviewed:
Answer: By requesting it from your Google rep
- Managed placements allow advertisers to:
Answer: Bid differently for specific placements on the Google Display Network
- A direct response advertiser would like to promote a new line of non-stick cookware that is being sold on an e-commerce site with a display ad. This advertiser should choose a landing page for the ad that features:
Answer: The whole line of new non-stick cookware
- What's a best practice for creating an effective ad using the Display Ad Builder?
Answer: Use a colour scheme which matches your brand and image
- Frequency capping limits the number of times:
Answer: Your ads appear to the same person on the Display Network
- An advertiser purchasing banner or display advertising through other ad networks can still benefit from using AdWords display ads because the advertiser:
Answer: Can fill in gaps created by niche or mass-marketed websites by using the AdWords targeting tool
- Which Google feature help advertisers determine if the clicks they are receiving on the Google Display Network (GDN) are valuable?
Answer: Conversion Tracking